Racing For Cancer, and through its Corporate Matching partner, AutoNation have donated/pledged over $4 million dollars since 2010.
Notable donations/pledges include:
- Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center Ft. Lauderdale , FL $1,000,000 (matched for an additional $1, 500,000 by AutoNation)
- NOVA SE University Soft Tissue Research Center Boca Raton,FL $500,000 (matched for an additional $1,000,000 by AutoNation)
- MD Anderson, Houston, TX – $125,000
- Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults – $69,800
- Michael Andretti Foundation, Indianapolis, IN – $58,687 (jointly for Justin Wilson Fund)
- Little Red Door Cancer Agency, Indianapolis, IN – $53,000
- Livestrong – $50,000
- Moffitt Foundation, Tampa, FL – $30,000
- IndyCar Ministries – $30,000
- The Rose, Houston, TX – $25,000
- Indy Family Foundation, Indianapolis, IN – $19,194
- Speedway Children’s Charities, Sonoma, CA – $19,125
- CCCN (Tiana’s Wish)– $12,000
Early Detection & Prevention
Welcome to the Racing For Cancer Prevention and Awareness Information section of our site. Below you will find very useful information from major institutions that will help you take responsibility for your cancer prevention.
Physician Data Query (PDQ) is the National Cancer Institute’s comprehensive cancer database. It contains summaries on a wide range of cancer topics; a registry of 8,000+ open and 19,000 closed cancer clinical trials from around the world; and a directory of professionals who provide genetics services. PDQ also contains the NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms with definitions for 6,800+ cancer and medical terms and the NCI Drug Dictionary, which has information on 2,300+ agents used in the treatment of cancer or cancer-related conditions.
People living with cancer are dealing with a range of conditions that make life more challenging: frequent doctor’s appointments, painful symptoms, uncomfortable side effects, and more. Trouble sleeping is yet another complication and it’s effects are pervasive. The Sleep Help Institute is dedicated to helping our patients find ways to get a good night’s rest!
Your American Cancer Society offers free brochures on preventing, diagnosing, and treating different kinds of cancer. You can place an order for them by phone. Please call 1-800-227-2345. The brochures will be mailed to you.
As a leader in nationwide efforts to ease the burden of cancer the CDC works with national cancer organizations, state health agencies, and other key groups to develop, implement, and promote effective strategies for preventing and controlling cancer.